Andre Anderson is an artist, entrepreneur, and community activist from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Authentic and caring by nature, he is inspired to give back. Through his personal and professional efforts he aims to make a lasting impact within his community through growth and education. As a voice for Black youth, Andre maintains the goal of bridging the gaps between potential and opportunity.
“I founded the social enterprise FortyFour Consulting because I believe that there is a huge opportunity in our local communities for growth and development. The biggest barrier of success is not lack of ability, but lack of opportunity. Through education, experience, and understanding I believe that we can truly shift the narrative and grow together in our communities. Our mission is to provide opportunity, mentorship, and build potential for a new generation of Black leaders in Nova Scotia.”
- 1st place winner of the Halifax Innovation Challenge’s Pitch Competition
- Founder of the African Nova Scotian Student Association (ANSSA)
- Social Chair of DBDLI’s Youth Advisory Council
- Youngest member of Board of Directors for the Halifax Community Investment Fund
- Youth representation of the Council for African Nova Scotian Economic Road to Prosperity
- Member of the National Federation of Black Canadians